O-H Community Partners provides high-impact, comprehensive strategy and implementation consulting services to foundations, government agencies, non-profits, and financial institutions that are seeking transformational and sustainable results. In addition, we provide advisory services to clients interested in designing and implementing double or triple bottom line (i.e., social, economic, and environmental returns) grant-making and investment strategies. We provide training to small businesses and organizations on the topics outlined below.
We have worked with a wide range of public and private sector organizations to realign their strategy and operations with their mission in ways that energize their leadership and staff, attract new resources and stakeholders, and improve their long-term viability and effectiveness.
O-H Community Partners offers expertise in the following areas:
- Concept Development – Organizations have powerful platforms for thought leadership and innovation. They often have a wealth of experience and insights that can be used to create and deliver value for clients, communities, and stakeholders. We help our clients envision, research, and develop new product/service/program/initiative ideas. We provide our clients with a range of tools and frameworks that enable them to refine their ideas, test these concepts with target clients/users, build support with internal and external stakeholders, raise resources for further planning and development.
- Market Study/Assessment – We provide our clients with the information and analysis that they need to better understand specific markets, their current positioning, and to make informed decisions about their future strategy and operations. Whether the market place is defined by a specific geography, sector, demographic characteristics, etc. we provide best-in-class intelligence about current conditions, trends, participants/operators, success factors, opportunities, best practices, and resources. Our market studies/assessments often serve as a basis for broader planning efforts.
- Feasibility/Economic Analysis – O-H Community Partners assists clients with analyzing the feasibility of existing products/services/programs, new investments, and real estate projects. Leading organizations are expanding their field of vision and making investment and operating decisions based on double and triple bottom line goals. O-H Community Partners provides clients with rigorous analysis that not only assesses economic viability, but also measures social impact and when applicable environmental effects.
- Organization Design – Organizations are dynamic organisms with plans, principles, processes, practices, and people that are continuously in flux. The process of evolving through the various stages of the organizational life cycle from grassroots, start-up, and adolescent to mature, stagnant, and distressed presents both challenges and opportunities. We work with our clients to design and equip organizations with the knowledge, strategies, resources, and systems needed to build effective, enduring institutions.
- Business Planning – Our clients understand that good business planning is as much about the concept and business model as it is about the team and capitalization strategy. O-H Community Partners works with clients to develop robust plans that reflect the best thinking; survive “real world” market testing; attract and showcase leading management teams; incorporate realistic financial assumptions; and raise significant private and public sector financing.
- Strategic Planning – Organizations are continuously seeking new and better ways to serve and support their clients and communities as well as to improve their operations and performance. We assist our clients in developing short and long-term plans that help them set direction and create a blueprint for the changes that they seek to make. As part of the planning process, OHcp conducts sector-specific analysis and organizational assessments.
- Grant Making/Investment Strategy – Foundations, corporations, government agencies, banks/other financial institutions are in the unique position of seeding, supporting, and advancing the work of not-for-profit organizations involved in improving the quality of life in communities throughout the world. We work with clients to develop and implement strategies that employ their financial resources and technical assistance in ways that better align with their mission and lead to transformational social and economic changes in society.
- Public/Private Partnership Structuring – There are a wide variety of opportunities to leverage public and private sector resources and competencies. We assist our clients in understanding their unique strengths and assets while working with them to establish strategic partnerships and collaborations around capability gaps. We work to facilitate results-driven partnership structures that have fluid production, delivery and communication systems.
- Strategic Communications – O-H Community Partners has developed a strong capability around clients with developing robust communication programs to reach their clients and stakeholders. This program typically includes message development, outreach, education, awareness building, and advocacy. We employ a highly diverse network of channels to implement these communication programs, including traditional print and broadcast media, social networking and new media (i.e., blogs, podcasts, etc.), and grassroots community organizing.
- Project Management – As organizations develop, expand, and/or launch new services/programs/initiatives, they often need implementation support. O-H Community Partners works with clients to manage program operations, administration, quality control, communication, risk management, and/or reporting. We develop and manage program budgets and timelines in order to ensure the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluation – Evaluation is a process of observation, data tracking and discovery that helps organizations better understand their results and the key drivers behind them. O-H Community Partners performs 360 degree assessments of client organizations, programs, processes, and policies. Our analysis not only captures both qualitative and quantitative performance measures, but also includes relevant sector-specific benchmarks. Depending on project scope, O-H Community Partners may employ web-based performance monitoring technology as part of our evaluation services. See O-H Community Partners Performance Monitoring Technology Services Group for more information about these services.